Resources | Health News | Therapies | Fitness
Tea Tree Side Effects, Interactions and Warnings
- Ann Dermatol Venereol 2001 Feb;128(2):123-6 -- Allergic contact dermatitis to cosmetics containing Melaleuca alternifolia (tea tree oil) -- Fritz TM, Burg G, Krasovec M.
Combined contact allergy to tea tree oil and lavender oil complicating chronic vulvovaginitis.
- Combined contact allergy to tea tree oil and lavender oil complicating chronic vulvovaginitis. -- Varma S, et al. -- Contact Dermatitis. 2000 May;42(5):309-10.
Allergic contact dermatitis due to tea tree oil was diagnosed. Tea tree oils are essential oils distilled from the leaves of myrtaceous trees and shrubs occurring in Australia and South-East Asia. The tea tree oil available in the Netherlands is distilled from the Melaleuca alternifolia and mainly contains eucalyptol. Eucalyptol is probably the most important allergen.
- Ned Tijdschr Geneeskd 1994 Apr 16;138(16):823-5 -- Allergic contact eczema due to 'tea tree' oil -- van der Valk PG, de Groot AC, Bruynzeel DP, Coenraads PJ, Weijland JW.
A 23-month-old boy became confused and was unable to walk thirty minutes after ingesting less than 10 mL of T36-C7, a commercial product containing 100% melaleuca oil. This case report suggests that ingestion of a modest amount of a concentrated form of this oil may produce signs of toxicity.
- J Toxicol Clin Toxicol 1994;32(4):461-4 -- Melaleuca oil poisoning. -- Jacobs MR, Hornfeldt CS.
Tea tree oil may substitute Candida itching with allergy itching.
- Warning against a fashionable cure for vulvovaginitis. -- Wolner-Hanssen P, et al. Lakartidningen. -- 1998 Jul 22;95(30-31):3309-10.
This information is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice. You should not use this material to diagnose or treat a health condition or disease without consulting with your healthcare provider.
Click above for Service Agreement and Contact Information. Accessing this service binds you to terms stated. Advertisements appear throughout this website as a means of funding the site. This site is updated monthly and operates independently of any health associations or organizations. The owner of this site has no medical training and the information presented comes from government resources and health professionals in their respected fields.
Home Page: Personal Health Zone
| We comply with the HONcode standard for
trustworthy health information:|