Resources | Health News | Therapies | Fitness
Lemon Chicken with Vegetables Recipe
Makes: 4 servings
4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
1/4 cup chicken broth
10 whole mushrooms, sliced
2 carrots, peeled and cut into small pieces
2 medium zucchini, thinly sliced
2 tablespoons lemon juice
1 tablespoon brown sugar
1 teaspoon garlic, crushed
1/2 teaspoon black pepper
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon dried thyme, oregano, or rosemary
- Rinse and cut all visible fat off of chicken breasts. Place chicken in a plastic container.
- Combine marinade ingredients, and pour over chicken breasts. Coat a large skillet with nonstick cooking spray (nonfat), and preheat over medium heat.
- Place chicken in skillet, saving the marinade, and cook for 2-4 minutes on each side. Reduce heat to low, and add marinade, broth, mushrooms, and carrots to the skillet.
- Cover and simmer for 10-12 minutes.
- Add zucchini, and simmer for an additional 3-5 minutes. Serve hot. Nutritional information:
Serving size: 1 chicken breast with vegetables
Fat: 3.5 g
Cholesterol: 75 mg
Protein: 30 g
Carbohydrates: 25 g
Fiber: 3 g
Sodium: 265 mg
Please feel free to modify these recipes for any dietary needs or special diets.
Recipes || Desserts || Entrees || Salads || Soups || Vegetarian
This information is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice. You should not use this material to diagnose or treat a health condition or disease without consulting with your healthcare provider.
Click above for Service Agreement and Contact Information. Accessing this service binds you to terms stated. Advertisements appear throughout this website as a means of funding the site. This site is updated monthly and operates independently of any health associations or organizations. The owner of this site has no medical training and the information presented comes from government resources and health professionals in their respected fields.
Home Page: Personal Health Zone
| We comply with the HONcode standard for
trustworthy health information:|