Resources | Health News | Therapies | Fitness
Non Dairy Vanilla Ice Cream Recipe
2 teaspoons kosher gelatin
1/4 cup apple juice
1/4 cup honey
3-1/4 cups vanilla soy milk
2 teaspoons vanilla
1. In a small bowl, sprinkle gelatin over apple juice.
2. Let sit, stirring occasionally, until gelatin is dissolved and softened, about 10 minutes.
3. In a medium saucepan, whisk together honey and 2 cups soy milk.
4. Cook until just hot, stirring frequently.
5. Remove from heat.
6. Add softened gelatin to hot milk mixture, stirring until gelatin is completely dissolved.
7. Stir in remaining soy milk and vanilla.
8. Let cool, cover, and refrigerate until very well-chilled.
9. Spoon chilled mixture into the canister of an ice cream maker.
10. Freeze according to manufacturer's directions.
Makes about 1 quart
PER 1/2 CUP SERVING: 123 CAL (16% FROM FAT), 3g PROT, 2g FAT, 22g
CARB, 58mg SOD, 0mg CHOL, 0.6g FIBER
source: Vernalalisa's Party Menus
Please feel free to modify these recipes for any dietary needs or special diets.
Recipes || Desserts || Entrees || Salads || Soups || Vegetarian
This information is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice. You should not use this material to diagnose or treat a health condition or disease without consulting with your healthcare provider.
Click above for Service Agreement and Contact Information. Accessing this service binds you to terms stated. Advertisements appear throughout this website as a means of funding the site. This site is updated monthly and operates independently of any health associations or organizations. The owner of this site has no medical training and the information presented comes from government resources and health professionals in their respected fields.
Home Page: Personal Health Zone
| We comply with the HONcode standard for
trustworthy health information:|