Resources | Health News | Therapies | Fitness
Strawberry Ice Cream Recipe
1 cup sugar, divided
2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
dash of salt
l-1/2 cups milk
2 eggs, slightly beaten
l-1/2 cups sieved or pureed fresh strawberries
1-1/2 cups whipping cream
l-1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1 teaspoon almond extract
1. Combine 3/4 cup sugar, flour, and salt.
2. Set aside.
3. Scald milk in top of a double boiler.
4. Add a small amount of milk to sugar mixture.
5. Stir to make a smooth paste.
6. Stir sugar mixture into remaining milk.
7. Cook, stirring constantly, until thickened.
9. Cook 10 minutes.
10. Stir a small amount of hot mixture into eggs.
11. Stir eggs into remaining hot mixture.
12. Cook, stirring constantly, l minute.
13. Let cool.
14. Combine strawberries, remaining 1/4 cup sugar, whipping cream, and flavorings.
15. Stir into custard.
16. Pour into container of a 2-quart electric or hand-turned ice cream freezer.
17. Freeze according to manufacturer's directions.
source: Vernalalisa's Party Menus
Please feel free to modify these recipes for any dietary needs or special diets.
Recipes || Desserts || Entrees || Salads || Soups || Vegetarian
This information is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice. You should not use this material to diagnose or treat a health condition or disease without consulting with your healthcare provider.
Click above for Service Agreement and Contact Information. Accessing this service binds you to terms stated. Advertisements appear throughout this website as a means of funding the site. This site is updated monthly and operates independently of any health associations or organizations. The owner of this site has no medical training and the information presented comes from government resources and health professionals in their respected fields.
Home Page: Personal Health Zone
| We comply with the HONcode standard for
trustworthy health information:|