Resources | Health News | Therapies | Fitness
Spicy Veal Roast Recipe
1/4 tsp salt
1/2 tsp black pepper
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1 1/2 tsp cumin
3 lb boned lean veal shoulder, trimmed, rolled, tied
4 tsp olive oil
1/2 lb onions, peeled
1/2 clove garlic, peeled
2 tsp dried tarragon
4 sprigs fresh parsley
1 tsp thyme
1 bay leaf
1. Mix together salt, pepper, cinnamon, and cumin. Rub over roast.
2. Heat 2 teaspoons of oil in large skillet. Add onions, garlic, and tarragon. Cover and cook over low heat for 10 minutes. Set aside.
3. Heat remaining 2 teaspoons of oil in ovenproof pan large enough to hold all ingredients. Brown meat on all sides.
4. Add garlic-onion mixture. Add parsley, thyme, and bay leaf. Cover.
5. Bake in 325 �F oven for 11/2 hours, or until meat is tender.
6. Remove meat to serving platter. Skim fat from cooking juices. Remove bay leaf and parsley. Cut roast in 1/4- to 1/2-inch slices. Pour a little cooking juice over roast and serve rest on side.
Yield: 12 servings
Serving size: 3 oz
Each serving provides:
Total fat: 8 g
Saturated fat: 3 g
Cholesterol: 124 mg
Sodium: 149 mg
Total fiber: 1 g
Protein: 30 g
Carbohydrates: 2 g
Potassium: 459 mg
Please feel free to modify these recipes for any dietary needs or special diets.
Recipes || Desserts || Entrees || Salads || Soups || Vegetarian
This information is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice. You should not use this material to diagnose or treat a health condition or disease without consulting with your healthcare provider.
Click above for Service Agreement and Contact Information. Accessing this service binds you to terms stated. Advertisements appear throughout this website as a means of funding the site. This site is updated monthly and operates independently of any health associations or organizations. The owner of this site has no medical training and the information presented comes from government resources and health professionals in their respected fields.
Home Page: Personal Health Zone
| We comply with the HONcode standard for
trustworthy health information:|