Resources | Health News | Therapies | Fitness
Stir Fried Beef Recipe
Trim fat off beef before cooking.
- 1 1/2 pounds sirloin steak
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon vinegar
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 large onions, sliced
- 1 large tomato, sliced
- 3 cups boiled potatoes, diced
1. Trim fat from steak and cut into small, thin pieces.
2. In a large skillet, heat oil and saute garlic until garlic is golden. Add steak, vinegar, salt, and pepper.
3. Cook for 6 minutes, stirring beef until brown.
4. Add onion and tomato. Cook until onion is transparent. Serve with boiled potatoes and white rice (see page 45).
Yield: 6 servings
Serving size: 1 1/4 cup
Each serving with potatoes and rice provides:
Total fat: 8 g
Saturated fat: 2 g
Cholesterol: 56 mg
Sodium: 288 mg
Calcium: 55 mg
Iron: 5 mg
Please feel free to modify these recipes for any dietary needs or special diets.
Recipes || Desserts || Entrees || Salads || Soups || Vegetarian
This information is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice. You should not use this material to diagnose or treat a health condition or disease without consulting with your healthcare provider.
Click above for Service Agreement and Contact Information. Accessing this service binds you to terms stated. Advertisements appear throughout this website as a means of funding the site. This site is updated monthly and operates independently of any health associations or organizations. The owner of this site has no medical training and the information presented comes from government resources and health professionals in their respected fields.
Home Page: Personal Health Zone
| We comply with the HONcode standard for
trustworthy health information:|