Resources | Health News | Therapies | Fitness
Vegetable and Rice Pizza Recipe
Makes: 8 slices
- 6 cups brown rice, cooked
- 4 egg whites or 4 tablespoons egg substitute, lightly beaten
- 2 cups non/lowfat mozzarella cheese, grated
- 1-1/3 cups pizza or spaghetti sauce
- 2 teaspoons black pepper
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons non/lowfat Parmesan cheese, grated
- 10 whole mushrooms, sliced
- 1/2 cup red pepper, chopped
- 1/2 cup pineapple chunks
- In a bowl, mix rice with 2/3 cup mozzarella cheese and egg whites or substitute.
- Spray a 12 inch pizza pan with nonstick cooking spray (nonfat) and press mixture into pan and bake at 400 degrees F for 5 minutes.
- Combine sauce with pepper and garlic and spread over the baked rice crust.
- Top with remaining ingredients and sprinkle with reserved mozzarella cheese. Bake an additional 10 minutes.
Serving size: 1 slice
Fat: 4 g
Cholesterol: 10 mg
Protein: 15 g
Carbohydrates: 27 g
Fiber: 4 g
Sodium: 320 mg
Please feel free to modify these recipes for any dietary needs or special diets.
Recipes || Desserts || Entrees || Salads || Soups || Vegetarian
This information is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice. You should not use this material to diagnose or treat a health condition or disease without consulting with your healthcare provider.
Click above for Service Agreement and Contact Information. Accessing this service binds you to terms stated. Advertisements appear throughout this website as a means of funding the site. This site is updated monthly and operates independently of any health associations or organizations. The owner of this site has no medical training and the information presented comes from government resources and health professionals in their respected fields.
Home Page: Personal Health Zone
|We comply with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information: verify here.|