Resources | Health News | Therapies | Fitness
Catfish Stew and Rice Recipe
2 medium potatoes
1 can (141/2 oz) tomatoes, cut up*
1 C onion, chopped
1 C (8�oz bottle) clam juice or water
1 C water
2 cloves garlic, minced
1/2 head cabbage, coarsely chopped
1 lb catfish fillets
as needed green onion, sliced
1 1/2 Tbsp Chili and Spice Seasoning
2 C cooked rice (white or brown)
* Reduce the sodium by using low or no added sodium canned tomatoes.
1. Peel potatoes and cut into quarters.
2. In large pot, combine potatoes, tomatoes and their juice, onion, clam juice, water, and garlic. Bring to boil and reduce heat. Cook covered over medium-low heat for 10 minutes.
3. Add cabbage and return to boil. Reduce heat. Cook covered over medium-low heat for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
4. Meanwhile, cut fillets into 2-inch lengths. Coat with Chili and Spice Seasoning.
5. Add fish to vegetables. Reduce heat and simmer covered for 5 minutes or until fish flakes easily with fork.
6. Serve in soup plates. Garnish with sliced green onion, if desired. Serve with scoop of hot cooked rice.
Yield: 4 servings
Serving size: 1 cup of stew with 1/2 cup of rice
Each serving provides:
Total fat: 8 g
Saturated fat: 2 g
Cholesterol: 87 mg
Sodium: 355 mg
Total fiber: 4 g
Protein: 28 g
Carbohydrates: 44 g
Potassium: 1,079 mg
Please feel free to modify these recipes for any dietary needs or special diets.
Recipes || Desserts || Entrees || Salads || Soups || Vegetarian
This information is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice. You should not use this material to diagnose or treat a health condition or disease without consulting with your healthcare provider.
Click above for Service Agreement and Contact Information. Accessing this service binds you to terms stated. Advertisements appear throughout this website as a means of funding the site. This site is updated monthly and operates independently of any health associations or organizations. The owner of this site has no medical training and the information presented comes from government resources and health professionals in their respected fields.
Home Page: Personal Health Zone
| We comply with the HONcode standard for
trustworthy health information:|