Resources | Health News | Therapies | Fitness
Fish Veronique Recipe
1 lb white fish (such as cod, sole,
1/4 tsp salt
1/8 tsp black pepper
1/4 C dry white wine
1/4 C chicken stock or broth, skim fat from top
1 Tbsp lemon juice
1 Tbsp soft margarine
2 Tbsp flour
3/4 C lowfat or skim milk
1/2 C seedless grapes
as needed nonstick cooking spray
1. Spray 10- by 6-inch baking dish with nonstick spray. Place fish in pan and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
2. Mix wine, stock, and lemon juice in small bowl and pour over fish.
3. Cover and bake at 350 ºF for 15 minutes.
4. Melt margarine in small saucepan. Remove from heat and blend in flour. Gradually add milk and cook over moderately low heat, stirring constantly, until thickened.
5. Remove fish from oven, and pour liquid from baking dish into "cream" sauce, stirring until blended. Pour sauce over fish and sprinkle with grapes.
6. Broil about 4 inches from heat for 5 minutes or until sauce starts to brown.
Yield: 4 servings
Serving size: 1 fillet with sauce
Each serving provides:
Total fat: 2 g
Saturated fat: 1 g
Cholesterol: 61 mg
Sodium: 343 mg
Total fiber: less than 1 g
Protein: 24 g
Carbohydrates: 9 g
Potassium: 453 mg
Please feel free to modify these recipes for any dietary needs or special diets.
Recipes || Desserts || Entrees || Salads || Soups || Vegetarian
This information is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice. You should not use this material to diagnose or treat a health condition or disease without consulting with your healthcare provider.
Click above for Service Agreement and Contact Information. Accessing this service binds you to terms stated. Advertisements appear throughout this website as a means of funding the site. This site is updated monthly and operates independently of any health associations or organizations. The owner of this site has no medical training and the information presented comes from government resources and health professionals in their respected fields.
Home Page: Personal Health Zone
| We comply with the HONcode standard for
trustworthy health information:|