Resources | Health News | Therapies | Fitness
Southwestern Salad Recipe
4 Servings, about 1/2 cup beef mixture, 1/2 cup
lettuce and cheese mixture each
- Onions, chopped 1/2 cup
- Lean ground beef 1 pound
- Chili powder 1 tablespoon
- Dry oregano 2 teaspoons
- Ground cumin 1/2 teaspoon
- Canned kidney beans, red, drained 1 cup
- Canned chickpeas, drained 1 15-ounce can
- Tomato, diced 1 medium
- Lettuce 2 cups
- Cheddar cheese 1/2 cup
PREPARATION TIME: 15 MINUTES
COOKING TIME: 10 TO 15 MINUTES
1. Cook ground beef and onions in a large skillet until the beef no longer remains pink. Drain. 2. Stir chili powder, oregano, and cumin into beef mixture; cook for 1 minute.
3. Add beans, chickpeas, and tomatoes. Mix gently to combine.
4. Combine lettuce and cheese in large serving bowl. Portion lettuce and cheese onto 4 plates. Add 1 cup of beef mixture on top of lettuce and cheese.
Note: Garbanzo bean is another name for chickpea.
Total fat 22 grams
Saturated fat 9 grams
Cholesterol 98 m ll grams
Sodium 411 milligrams
Please feel free to modify these recipes for any dietary needs or special diets.
Recipes || Desserts || Entrees || Salads || Soups || Vegetarian
This information is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice. You should not use this material to diagnose or treat a health condition or disease without consulting with your healthcare provider.
Click above for Service Agreement and Contact Information. Accessing this service binds you to terms stated. Advertisements appear throughout this website as a means of funding the site. This site is updated monthly and operates independently of any health associations or organizations. The owner of this site has no medical training and the information presented comes from government resources and health professionals in their respected fields.
Home Page: Personal Health Zone
| We comply with the HONcode standard for
trustworthy health information:|