Resources | Health News | Therapies | Fitness
Lentil Chili Recipe
Makes: 6 servings
- 1 cup dried brown lentils, cleaned
- 2 cups vegetable broth
- 16 ounces unsalted tomatoes, crushed
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon garlic, crushed
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon ground allspice
- 16 ounces unsalted tomato sauce
- 2 cups whole kernel corn
- 1 celery stalk, chopped
- Combine all of the ingredients except for the tomato sauce and corn in a 4-quart pot, and bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce the heat to low, cover, and simmer, stirring occasionally, for 25-30 minutes.
- Add the tomato sauce and corn to the lentil mixture. Stir, cover, and simmer for 10-15 additional minutes. Serve hot.
Serving size: 1 1/2 cup
Fat: 1.5 g
Cholesterol: 0 mg
Protein: 14 g
Carbohydrates: 30 g
Fiber: 7 g
Sodium: 230 mg
Please feel free to modify these recipes for any dietary needs or special diets.
Recipes || Desserts || Entrees || Salads || Soups || Vegetarian
This information is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice. You should not use this material to diagnose or treat a health condition or disease without consulting with your healthcare provider.
Click above for Service Agreement and Contact Information. Accessing this service binds you to terms stated. Advertisements appear throughout this website as a means of funding the site. This site is updated monthly and operates independently of any health associations or organizations. The owner of this site has no medical training and the information presented comes from government resources and health professionals in their respected fields.
Home Page: Personal Health Zone
| We comply with the HONcode standard for
trustworthy health information:|