Resources | Health News | Therapies | Fitness
Meatball Soup Recipe
Yield: 8 servings
Serving size: 1 1/4 cups
Ground chicken and lean ground beef lower the amount of fat in this soup.
- 1/2 pound ground chicken
- 1/2 pound ground lean beef
- 10 cups water
- 1 tablespoon annato
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup green pepper, chopped
- 1 teaspoon mint
- 2 small tomatoes, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon oregano
- 4 tablespoons instant corn flour
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 medium carrots, chopped
- 1 medium chayote, chopped
- 2 cups cabbage, chopped
- 2 celery stalks, chopped
- 1 10-ounce package frozen corn
- 2 medium zucchini, chopped
- 1/2 cup cilantro, minced
1. In a large pot, combine water, annato, bay leaf, half of the onion, green pepper, and 1/2 teaspoon of mint. Bring to a boil.
2. In a bowl, combine chicken and beef, the other half of the onion, tomato, oregano, corn flour, pepper, garlic, and salt. Mix well. Form 1-inch meatballs. Place meatballs in boiling water and lower heat. Cook over low heat for 30 to 45 minutes.
3. Add carrots, chayote, cabbage, and celery. Cook over low heat for 25 minutes. Add corn and zucchini and cook for another 5 minutes. Garnish with cilantro and the rest of the mint.
Each serving provides:
Total fat: 4 g
Saturated fat: 1 g
Cholesterol: 31 mg
Sodium: 193 mg
Calcium: 47 mg
Iron: 2 mg
Please feel free to modify these recipes for any dietary needs or special diets.
Recipes || Desserts || Entrees || Salads || Soups || Vegetarian
This information is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice. You should not use this material to diagnose or treat a health condition or disease without consulting with your healthcare provider.
Click above for Service Agreement and Contact Information. Accessing this service binds you to terms stated. Advertisements appear throughout this website as a means of funding the site. This site is updated monthly and operates independently of any health associations or organizations. The owner of this site has no medical training and the information presented comes from government resources and health professionals in their respected fields.
Home Page: Personal Health Zone
| We comply with the HONcode standard for
trustworthy health information:|