Resources | Health News | Therapies | Fitness
Sweet Potato Soup Recipe
Makes: 8 servings
- 4 cups sweet potatoes, cut into 1/2 inch slices
- 1-1/2 cups green onion, sliced
- 3-3/4 cups vegetable stock
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons evaporated skim milk
- 1-1/2 cups croutons
- Peel potatoes and steam 15-20 minutes or until tender. Set aside. Combine green onions and half the stock in saucepan over medium heat for 10 minutes.
- Transfer stock mixture to a blender. Add cooked sweet potatoes and blend until smooth.
- Return potato mixture and remaining stock to saucepan and bring to a boil over medium heat.
- Reduce heat to low, add evaporated milk, and simmer for 5 minutes. Serve soup warm with croutons.
Serving Size: 1 cup
Fat: 0.5 g
Cholesterol: 1 mg
Protein: 10 g
Carbohydrates: 35 g
Fiber: 5 g
Sodium: 90 mg
Please feel free to modify these recipes for any dietary needs or special diets.
Recipes || Desserts || Entrees || Salads || Soups || Vegetarian
This information is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice. You should not use this material to diagnose or treat a health condition or disease without consulting with your healthcare provider.
Click above for Service Agreement and Contact Information. Accessing this service binds you to terms stated. Advertisements appear throughout this website as a means of funding the site. This site is updated monthly and operates independently of any health associations or organizations. The owner of this site has no medical training and the information presented comes from government resources and health professionals in their respected fields.
Home Page: Personal Health Zone
| We comply with the HONcode standard for
trustworthy health information:|