Resources | Health News | Therapies | Fitness
Vegetable Chowder Recipe
Preparation Time: 10 minutes
Cooking Time: 25 minutes
- 1 tablespoon margarine
- 2 small carrots, sliced (about 1 cup)
- 2 celery stalks, sliced
- 1 medium yellow onion, chopped (about 1 cup)
- 1 large tomato, seeded and chopped (about 1 cup)
- 1/2 cup frozen corn kernels
-1/2 cup shelled fresh peas
- 6 cups reduced-sodium chicken or vegetable broth
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1/3 cup low-fat plain yogurt
1. In a large saucepan, melt margarine over medium-high heat. Add carrots, celery, and onion; cook, stirring frequently, until softened, about 10 minutes.
2. Stir in tomato, corn, and peas. Add broth, garlic, and thyme. Bring mixture to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer until vegetables are tender, about 15 minutes. Remove from heat. Stir in parsley.
3. Ladle chowder into individual bowls. Stir 1 tablespoon of yogurt into each bowl. Serve immediately.
Please feel free to modify these recipes for any dietary needs or special diets.
Recipes || Desserts || Entrees || Salads || Soups || Vegetarian
This information is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice. You should not use this material to diagnose or treat a health condition or disease without consulting with your healthcare provider.
Click above for Service Agreement and Contact Information. Accessing this service binds you to terms stated. Advertisements appear throughout this website as a means of funding the site. This site is updated monthly and operates independently of any health associations or organizations. The owner of this site has no medical training and the information presented comes from government resources and health professionals in their respected fields.
Home Page: Personal Health Zone
| We comply with the HONcode standard for
trustworthy health information:|