Resources | Health News | Therapies | Fitness
Oriental Rice Recipe
1 1/2 C water
1 C chicken stock or broth, fat skimmed from top
1 1/3 C long grain white rice, uncooked
2 tsp vegetable oil
2 Tbsp onion, finely chopped
1 C celery, finely chopped
2 Tbsp green pepper, finely chopped
1/2 C pecans, chopped
1/4 tsp ground sage
1/2 C water chestnuts, sliced
1/4 tsp nutmeg
to taste black pepper
1. Bring water and stock to boil in medium-size saucepan.
2. Add rice and stir. Cover and simmer for 20 minutes.
3. Remove pan from heat. Let stand, covered, for 5 minutes or until all liquid is absorbed. Reserve.
4. Heat oil in large nonstick skillet.
5. Saut� onion and celery over moderate heat for 3 minutes. Stir in remaining ingredients, including reserved cooked rice. Fluff with fork before serving.
Yield: 10 servings
Serving size: 1/2 cup
Each serving provides:
Total fat: 5 g
Saturated fat: less than 1 g
Cholesterol: 0 mg
Sodium: 86 mg
Total fiber: 1 g
Protein: 3 g
Carbohydrates: 21 g
Potassium: 124 mg
Please feel free to modify these recipes for any dietary needs or special diets.
Recipes || Desserts || Entrees || Salads || Soups || Vegetarian
This information is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice. You should not use this material to diagnose or treat a health condition or disease without consulting with your healthcare provider.
Click above for Service Agreement and Contact Information. Accessing this service binds you to terms stated. Advertisements appear throughout this website as a means of funding the site. This site is updated monthly and operates independently of any health associations or organizations. The owner of this site has no medical training and the information presented comes from government resources and health professionals in their respected fields.
Home Page: Personal Health Zone
| We comply with the HONcode standard for
trustworthy health information:|