Resources | Health News | Therapies | Fitness
Makes: 6 servings
- 2 1/4 cups bread flour
- 2/3 cup oat bran
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Rapid Rise yeast
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup water
- 1 1/4 cups fresh spinach
- 1/4 cup onions, chopped
- 1 1/4 cups non/lowfat ricotta cheese
- 3/4 cup non/lowfat grated mozzarella cheese
- 3 tablespoons non/lowfat grated Parmesan cheese
- 3/4 teaspoon dried Italian seasoning
- 2 cups non/lowfat tomato sauce
- In a large bowl, combine 1 1/4 cups of the flour with the oat bran, yeast, sugar, and salt and stir well.
- Place the water in a saucepan, and heat on medium heat. Add the water to the flour mixture, and stir for 1-2 minutes. Stir in enough of the remaining flour, 1 tablespoon at a time, to form a stiff dough.
- Sprinkle 2 tablespoons of the remaining flour over a flat surface, and place the dough onto the surface.
- Knead the dough for 5 minutes, gradually adding enough of the remaining flour to from a smooth ball.
- Coat a large bowl with nonstick cooking spray (nonfat), and place the dough in the bowl. Cover the bowl with a towel, and let rise for about 30-40 minutes.
- When the dough has risen divide it into 6 portions, and shape each portion into a ball. Using a rolling pin, roll each ball into a circle.
- Combine all of the filling ingredients in a medium-sized bowl, and stir well. Spread the filling on the top half of each circle of dough. Brush a little water around the outer edges of each circle, fold the bottom half over the top half, and firmly press the edges together to seal.
- Place the calzones on the baking sheet. Bake at 450 degrees F for 15-18 minutes. Serve the calzones hot with warm sauce spread over top.
Serving size: 1 calzone
Fat: 1 g
Protein: 20 g
Carbohydrates: 35 g
Fiber: 3.5 g
Sodium: 340 mg
Please feel free to modify these recipes for any dietary needs or special diets.
Recipes || Desserts || Entrees || Salads || Soups || Vegetarian
This information is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice. You should not use this material to diagnose or treat a health condition or disease without consulting with your healthcare provider.
Click above for Service Agreement and Contact Information. Accessing this service binds you to terms stated. Advertisements appear throughout this website as a means of funding the site. This site is updated monthly and operates independently of any health associations or organizations. The owner of this site has no medical training and the information presented comes from government resources and health professionals in their respected fields.
Home Page: Personal Health Zone
| We comply with the HONcode standard for
trustworthy health information:|