Resources | Health News | Therapies | Fitness
Makes: 4 servings
- 3/4 cup shredded zucchini
- 3/4 cup shredded carrots
- 1 1/2 tsp. onion powder
- 2 tsp. minced garlic
- 15 oz. can fat-free black beans, mashed
- 1/2 cup cooked rice
- 1/4 cup egg substitute
- 2 tbsp. fat-free bread crumbs
- 1 tsp. Italian seasoning
- Preheat broiler on high heat. Line broiler pan with foil and lightly spray with nonfat cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, combine all ingredients and mix well. (If mixture is too moist to shape, refrigerate 1 hour).
- Shape mixture into 8 patties and place on prepared pan.
- Broil 4 to 6 inches from heat for 5 to 6 minutes per side, until lightly browned.
- Great as a sandwich on fat-free roll with lettuce, tomato, and deli style mustard or fat-free honey mustard sauce.
- Calories: 190
- Fat: 0 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg
- Protein: 12 g
- Carbohydrates: 34 g
- Fiber: 6 g
- Sodium: 37 mg
Please feel free to modify these recipes for any dietary needs or special diets.
Recipes || Desserts || Entrees || Salads || Soups || Vegetarian
This information is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice. You should not use this material to diagnose or treat a health condition or disease without consulting with your healthcare provider.
Click above for Service Agreement and Contact Information. Accessing this service binds you to terms stated. Advertisements appear throughout this website as a means of funding the site. This site is updated monthly and operates independently of any health associations or organizations. The owner of this site has no medical training and the information presented comes from government resources and health professionals in their respected fields.
Home Page: Personal Health Zone
| We comply with the HONcode standard for
trustworthy health information:|